Skin Reset has reached cult status for its out-of-this-world performance. It is scientifically proven to outperform the most recognised and luxurious vitamin C and brightening products on the market*
Innovative, award winning and efficacious. Skin Reset has been named the must-have treatment for repairing lacklustre skin, hyperpigmentation, and delivering the most radiant, glowing and even-toned complexion. It refines skin texture, unifies uneven skin tone, and reveals a glowing and ultra-radiant complexion.
Its unprecedented performance stems from 5 years of meticulous scientific research, to discover the most synergistic and powerful combination and concentration of 24 natural actives from around the globe.
Our proprietary formula includes innovative plant stem cells, phytonutrients, omegas, fatty acids, and 12 sources of brightening vitamins (including the gold standard cellular extracted vitamin C) to repair, prevent and even the skin’s complexion.
The luxurious scientific-backed formula is also effective at minimising the visible signs of skin ageing - accelerating cell turnover and boosting the production of fibroblast cells*, to restore an all-round beautiful complexion.
100% natural, naturally derived and one natural identical (vitamin B3) ingredients.
**Independent Scientific in vivo testing 2018 and in vitro testing 2019, 2020
Skin Reset is a cult-favourite for evening skin tone, reducing the signs of hyperpigmentation, redness and returning the most phenomenal glow and radiance to the skin. Its powerful technology is proven to visibly minimise the look of dullness and hyperpigmentation and goes one advancement further by preventing further signs from appearing on the skin.
It is engineered with naturally derived ingredients and one natural identical vitamin, vitamin B3 which occurs in nature.
It works by shutting down two different biological pathways.
Firstly, our patented plant extracts contain active ingredients that interfere with an enzyme in your cells called tyrosinase. When UV light from the sun comes into contact with the tyrosinase enzyme, it is usually activated to produce pigment (called melanin) which travels to the upper layer of the skin and you see as dark spots or hyperpigmentation. Our plant actives inhibit tyrosinase, stopping the metabolic process that creates pigment - and therefore your dark spots.
Secondly, if any pigment still manages to form, we have a complementary active (vitamin B3) that works further downstream to deter the pigment from transferring to your skin’s surface. This is why our formulation is different from standard brightening products on the market.
Best for: hyperpigmentation • dullness • dark spots • uneven skin tone • discolouration • age spots • acne scars • rosacea
It’s not enough for our products to be natural, they have to have uncompromising results.
An independent in vitro clinical test by an independent biomedical laboratory (2019) comparing Emma Lewisham Skin Reset with 9 vitamin C, cosmeceuticals and high-end traditional brightening creams found:
- Of the products tested, 7 had limited effect on the production of hyperpigmentation. 2 were effective at inhibiting hyperpigmentation (including Skin Reset)
- Of the 2 products that were effective in inhibiting hyperpigmentation, Emma Lewisham Skin Reset saw the strongest results within 24 hours
- Emma Lewisham Skin Reset was noted to be the “standout” product, which not only inhibited hyperpigmentation, but did not harm the growth and health of “good cells”
An independent 12-week double blind scientific study 2018 (subjective measurement from participants)
- Emma Lewisham Skin Reset is proven to rival a cosmeceutical grade product in subjective measurement.
- 88% of women noted no new hyperpigmentation (brown spots) showed up on their skin during the time they wore Emma Lewisham Skin Reset
- 77% of women rated Skin Reset effective at reducing hyperpigmentation
Methodology of this study:
- Twenty five subjects between the ages of 20 and 60
- Subjects showed evidence of signs of facial hyperpigmentation on both sides of the face including freckles, sun spots, age spots, melasma, uneven skin tone and acne scarring
- Assessment of the test sites were completed pre-application and following application of Emma Lewisham Skin Reset and Cosmeceutical brand at 6 and 12 weeks
- Instrumental measurements, a questionnaire regarding the acceptability, efficacy and tolerability of the products and digital photographs and visual grading were done at pre-application, six and twelve weeks
- Emma Lewisham Skin Reset and a Cosmeceutical were applied twice daily and sunscreen applied in morning
- A photographic record was kept of the hyperpigmentation area on the skin at each time point
- No adverse reactions were observed during the study
- Individual results may vary. This study was conducted at an independent laboratory in Australia during 2018, in accordance with ICH Guidelines for Good Clinical Practice
See how Skin Reset works here.
24 high performing ingredients
Each Skin Reset bottle contains 190 nutrients and phytonutrients, plant stem cells, powerhouse vitamins, including the highest plant-based concentration of vitamin E in the world, minerals, antioxidants, aminos, and omega fatty acids (3, 6, 9, and the rare “beauty omega” 7) for full-spectrum performance in combating hyperpigmentation, melasma dull, uneven skin tone.
- Patented combination of 7 plant stem extracts: The result of a research program by the Swiss Institute of Agriculture in which a hundred plants were selected for their effectiveness in inhibiting tyrosinase (this is the enzyme which produces the pigment melanin, which you see as dark spots or pigmentation on your skin). The research and development took 5 years, and the resulting biomedical testing shows bioactive results in inhibiting the production and transfer of melanin to the skin.
- Niacinamide: a naturally occurring compound of Vitamin B3 that evens skin tone, brightens the complexion and plumps fine lines.
- Edelweiss Stem Cells: This uniquely cultivated form of Edelweiss has a high concentration of leontopodic acid and flavonoids, which are not found in normal Edelweiss species. Leontopodic acid helps to strengthen the skin's barrier, making it more resistant to environmental aggressors and promoting skin tension to lift the look of sagging skin and restore the appearance of a youthfully firm and plump complexion.
- Sodium hyaluronat is a water-soluble salt that's derived from hyaluronic acid, which mimics what is found naturally in the body. Like hyaluronic acid, sodium hyaluronate binds up to 1,000 times its own weight in water, but this form is more stable (meaning it will last longer) and has a lower molecular size so it absorbs more effectively and penetrates deeper into the skin.
Full list of ingredients
Emma Lewisham aligns with the definition of natural by NATRUE who are an International Natural and Organic Cosmetics Association who certify natural and organic cosmetics worldwide is classified in 3 ways:
- Natural ingredients are those to which only physical processes or fermentation have been applied.
- Derived natural ingredients are the result of chemical processes of natural ingredients.
- Nature-identical ingredients can be either pigments, minerals or preservatives. They are reproduced in the laboratory but exist in nature. These ingredients are allowed when strictly necessary in order to ensure consumer safety (preservatives) or because the extraction methods result in an ingredient becoming too chemical. All of them have one essential characteristic: they can be found in nature.
Below is our full list of ingredients with their EWG ratings in brackets (1 = low, 10 = high).
You can also learn more about each ingredient and our sustainability goals in our Emma Lewisham Sustainability Framework.
Our Skin Reset formulation is vegan.
Organic Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) leaf extract (1) • Water (1) • Glycerin (2) • Niacinamide (1) • Coco-caprylate (1) • Cetearyl olivate (1) • Glyceryl stearate Citrate (1) • Organic Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil (1) • Sorbitan olivate (1) • Cetearyl alcohol (1) • Glyceryl caprylate (1) • Organic Opuntia ficus-indica (Prickly Pear) seed oil (1) • Hippophae rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) fruit oil (1) • Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) seed oil (1) • Organic Calophyllum inophyllum (Tamanu) seed oil (1) • Organic Leontopodium alpinum (Edelweiss) flower/leaf extract (1) • Organic Camellia oleifera (Camellia) seed oil (1) • Organic Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil (1) • Organic Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) kernel oil (1) • Glycyrrhiza glabra (Liquorice) root extract (1) • Organic Achillea millefolium (Yarrow) extract (1) • Organic Rubus idaeus (Raspberry) seed oil (1) • Organic Alchemilla vulgaris (Lady’s Mantle) extract (1) • Organic Malva sylvestris (Mallow) extract (1) • Organic Rosa canina (Rosehip) fruit oil (1) • Organic Melissa officinalis (Lemon Balm) leaf extract (1) • Organic Vitis vinifera (Grape) seed oil (1) • Macadamia ternifolia (Macadamia) seed oil (1) • Organic Mentha piperita (Peppermint) leaf extract (1) • Organic Primula veris (Cowslip) extract (1) • Organic Veronica officinalis (Speedwell) extract (1) • Sodium hyaluronate (1) • Organic Salvia hispanica (Chia) seed oil (1) • Caprylhydroxamic acid (1) • Xanthan gum (1) • Euphorbia cerifera cera (Candelilla Wax) (1) • Dehydroacetic acid (1) • Benzyl alcohol (6) • Parfum (natural fragrance, derived from flowers) • Benzyl salicylate (3) • Citronellol (3) • Eugenol (3) • Geraniol (3) • Linalool (3)
- 100% of total ingredients are natural, naturally derived or nature-identical (vitamin B3)
- 68% of active ingredients are from organic farming
- Our formulations contain benzyl salicylate, citronellol, eugenol, geraniol, linalool in very low concentrations as constituents of our essential oils. It’s worth noting that the EWG rating for these, refer only to the individual constituents extracted in a lab from the essential oil, or synthetic replications. The ratings are not applicable to our formulas, as we never use extracted or synthetic constituents, only the pure naturally occurring essential oil
Every Emma Lewisham product has been designed with the intention of being refillable, recyclable or compostable. We believe the future of beauty is where brands take ownership for what happens to their packaging at the end of its life, and that we should all aspire to a truly circular and regenerative model.
This product is included in our Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle Refill Programme that is available for New Zealand and Australia (unfortunately we are unable to offer this globally at present). If you have previously purchased a Skin Reset and have finished your bottle, you have the option to purchase a refilled bottle that has been cleaned, sterilised, refilled and kept in circulation.
This product is also included in our Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle Free Recycling Programme.
Our Skin Reset box is printed on an environmentally responsible paper which has been produced using PEFC certified pulp from responsible sources. We print on it using mineral, oil free, vegetable based inks and water based coatings. Oil based glue is required to assemble these boxes. Stamping foil used on the box does not affect recyclability. It is 100% recyclable in New Zealand with no chemical coatings, which means our boxes will degrade naturally.
Our Skin Reset bottle is a glass bottle with a plastic cap and pump made from imported virgin materials.
We have developed a Sustainability Framework which provides transparency on what Emma Lewisham is doing to address the six drivers of our supply chain: raw materials, supplier, manufacturing, distribution, retail outlets and customers. These are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Read the Emma Lewisham Sustainability Framework.
If you ensure you're using Skin Reset regularly, you'll see the character of your complexion change. Emma herself saw real results in her complexion after 6 months of continuous use.
Apply 1 pumps of Skin Reset, morning and night. Massage into face and neck. Always apply sunscreen after Skin Reset serum in the morning.
Above all, always remember it takes ongoing protection, patience, and persistence to manage your hyperpigmentation.
Protection. Sun exposure is the number one trigger of hyperpigmentation. The sun’s rays affect your skin even on cloudy days, so protect it with sunscreen 365 days of the year to prevent further signs appearing.
Patience. Caused by years of sun damage, patience is needed to get results. Follow instructions and from 4 weeks you’ll start to see a new and improved skin tone.
Persistence. Once hyperpigmentation is visible, continue to apply Skin Reset and protect your skin.
If you have sensitive skin or allergies: While our formulation is 100% clean and naturally derived, we recommend if you have sensitive skin or allergies that you do a patch test first or consult your medical practitioner before using any new skincare product. If your skin is not responding well to one of our products, including irritation, please discontinue use and contact a medical practitioner.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding: This serum is safe to use while pregnant and breastfeeding, however, we recommend you check with your doctor before using.
Using Skin Reset with our other products
All of our products were developed to be used together. Please take at look at Emma Lewisham Routines for our recommendations.
The Emma Lewisham StandardTM
Naturally derived, nature identical & traceable
Scientifically proven formula
Part of the Emma Lewisham Beauty Circle – Refill & Recycle
Vegan. Cruelty Free. PETA certified animal testing free
Safe to use while pregnant & breastfeeding